|Description||Cavalor VitaFlora contains pre- and probiotics to rebalance the microflora in the bowel and stimulate health from the inside out. A regimen of Cavalor VitaFlora is recommended after a competition season to give the gut a health boost.||The Playground Mixture, offered by Vitality Seed, is a specially formulated blend of premium grass seeds designed to create a lush and durable playing surface for outdoor recreational areas.||A native seed mix designed for Douglas County Colorado.||A limited time only, lavender flavored supplement block for chickens and other poultry.||50#. Chopped corn is a highly nutritious and energy-dense feed option for livestock, made by chopping the entire corn plant into small pieces. It provides a balanced blend of carbohydrates, proteins, and fiber, promoting optimal growth, digestion, and overall health in animals.||This mixture of tough, vigorous varieties easily withstands the abuse of continual use. The durable carpet of green stands up to summer stress and requires minimal upkeep. Features rhizome forming tall fescues. Excellent for high traffic areas such as backyards and play areas. Stands up exceptionally well to summer heat and drought – assuming adequate soil prep.|
|Content||The Playground Mixture, offered by Vitality Seed, is a specially formulated blend of premium grass seeds designed to create a lush and durable playing surface for outdoor recreational areas. This mixture combines different types of grasses, carefully selected for their ability to withstand heavy traffic, recover quickly from wear, and provide a safe and enjoyable playing experience. Whether it's for a backyard play area, sports field, or park, the Play Ground Mixture is the ideal choice to create a vibrant and resilient turf that can withstand the demands of active play.||A native seed mix designed for Douglas County Colorado.
- This mixture has cool and warm-season grasses, bunch, and sod-forming grasses.
- Very drought tolerant and adapts to various soil types.
- 1.1# Big Bluestem
Warm season bunch/sod forming grass with germination in 14-21 days. It is a tall grass, reaching a height of 6-8 feet on most sites when left un-grazed.
- 1.0# Indiangrass
Warm season bunchgrass with germination in21-28 days. It can grow 3-5 feet tall. Grows best in deep, well drained soils.
- 0.04# Switchgrass
Warm season sod forming grass with germination in 21-28 days. It can grow 3-5 feet tall. Tolerant to poor soils, flooding, and drought.
- 0.90# Sideoats Grama
Warm season bunch/sod with germination in 14-21 days. A medium sized perennial 15-30 inches tall and it is adapted to most soil conditions.
- 1.6# Western Wheatgrass
Cool season sod forming grass with germination in 14-21 days. Grows 12-36 inches tall and adapts to most disturbed soils.
- 0.30# Blue Grama
Warm season bunch/sod grass with germination in 7-10 days. Will grow 10-20 inches. Has good drought and fair salinity tolerances.
- 1.0# Thickspike Wheatgrass
Cool season sod forming grass with germination in 21-28 days. Grows 12-36 inches and has extensive rhizomatous root system.
- 0.70# Prairie Sandreed
Warm season sod forming with germination in 21-28 days. Grows 24-72 inches tall. Prefers sandy sites, drought tolerant and winter hardy.
- 1.0# Green Needlegrass
Cool season bunchgrass with germination in 21-28 days. Grows 18-36 inches tall and prefers medium to fine textured soils.
- 0.60# Slender Wheatgrass
Cool season bunchgrass with germination in 21-28 days. Grows from 24-30 inches tall and has very short rhizomes.
- 0.60# Streambank Wheatgrass
Cool season sod forming grass with germination in 21-28 days. Will grow 12-36 tall, drought tolerant and commonly used for reclamation.
|Chopped corn, also known as corn silage or chopped corn forage, is a valuable feed option for livestock. It is made by harvesting and chopping the entire corn plant, including the stalks, leaves, and ears, into small pieces. Here's a description highlighting the benefits of chopped corn for livestock:
- Nutrient-Rich Feed: Chopped corn contains a balanced blend of carbohydrates, proteins, fats, and fiber, providing a comprehensive source of nutrition for livestock. The combination of different plant parts offers a diverse array of nutrients that support optimal growth, development, and overall health in animals.
- Energy-Dense Feed: Corn is known for its high energy content, making chopped corn an excellent source of readily available energy for livestock. The carbohydrates present in corn are easily digested and converted into energy, which is particularly beneficial for animals with high energy requirements, such as dairy cows, beef cattle, and horses engaged in intense physical activity.
- Palatability and Feed Intake: Chopped corn has a naturally sweet and palatable taste, making it highly appetizing to livestock. The pleasant flavor encourages animals to consume their feed eagerly, ensuring they meet their nutritional needs. This can be especially advantageous for picky eaters or animals transitioning to a new diet.
- Fiber Content: The inclusion of stalks and leaves in chopped corn provides a significant amount of dietary fiber. Fiber promotes healthy digestion in livestock, supporting proper gut motility and preventing digestive disorders. It also aids in maintaining optimal rumen function in ruminant animals, contributing to efficient nutrient utilization.
- Versatility: Chopped corn can be used as a primary feed, partial feed, or supplemental feed, depending on the specific nutritional requirements and feeding strategies for livestock. It can be incorporated into total mixed rations, silage, or fed alone, offering flexibility in meeting the dietary needs of different animal species, stages of growth, and production purposes.
- Conservation and Sustainability: Chopped corn, when properly stored and fermented, can be preserved as silage, extending its shelf life and maintaining nutritional quality. This contributes to efficient use of feed resources and reduces waste. Additionally, utilizing the entire corn plant for feed promotes sustainable farming practices by minimizing waste and maximizing resource utilization.
|This mixture of tough, vigorous varieties easily withstands the abuse of continual use. The durable carpet of green stands up to summer stress and requires minimal upkeep. Features rhizome forming tall fescues. Excellent for high traffic areas such as backyards and play areas. Stands up exceptionally well to summer heat and drought – assuming adequate soil prep.
- 90% Rhizome-rich Turf Tall Fescues
- 10% Kentucky Bluegrass
- Medium green color
- Medium coarse texture
- Grows equally well in sun or shade
- Performs well on many soil types